Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Our hearts in heaven

Rom 8:6  For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Carnally minded.  Are our minds fixated upon earth? Seriously. Did you think of heaven at all today, even once? Many people have placed God and Jesus upon earth and keep them there. Yes, even God. They put Him in churches, they speak to Him as if He lives right there in their homes and He travels along with them. We are TAUGHT to believe this and I'm not saying that Christ isn't in us, we know this is true.

Col_1:27  ...which is Christ in you, the hope of glory

What I'm saying is this--

Joh_14:3  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Mar_16:19  So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.

Christ is in us through the Holy Spirit's representation.

Joh_14:16  And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever

Joh_14:26  But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Joh_15:26  But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me

Joh_16:7  Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

Our Savior is in Heaven sitting on the right hand of God the Father so WHY do we bring them down to earth? Why do we not turn our thoughts upon HEAVEN. Jesus taught us to pray and the first line of that prayer is - 'Our Father which art in heaven' … where should our mind be? HEAVENWARD.

Where are our treasures? They should be in heaven shouldn't they?

Mat_6:20  But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal

Rom 8:6  For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Is it any wonder that to be carnally minded is death, and spiritually minded is life and peace?

If we have our minds focused on the carnal things, things of the flesh, things of this earth, then we are among the living dead. To be spiritually minded is to mind things of the Spirit- HEAVENLY things!

We must pray to our Father in HEAVEN.
We must lay our treasures in HEAVEN.
We must realize our Savior is at the right hand of His Father, our Father.

We must be SPIRITUALLY minded.

To be spiritual minded is life!

By the grace of God may we be SPIRITUALLY minded!


Amen.

No comments: