Saturday, May 9, 2015

There are sacrifices to be made

Psa 51:6 Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom. 
Psa 51:7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. 
Psa 51:8 Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice. 
Psa 51:9 Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities. 
Psa 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. 
Psa 51:11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. 
Psa 51:12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit. 
Psa 51:13 Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee. 
Psa 51:14 Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness. 
Psa 51:15 O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise. 
Psa 51:16 For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering. 
Psa 51:17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.
*******

Mar 12:33  And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.

Rom 12:1  I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
Rom 12:2  And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Heb 13:16  But to do good and to communicate forget not: for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.

1Pe 2:5  Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

*******

There ARE sacrifices to be made… BY US.

This is truth!

Our bodies are a LIVING sacrifice. We are NOT to be conformed to the world. Our minds are to be RENEWED.

We are to DO GOOD.
We are to COMMUNICATE.
These are SACRIFICES we are to make.

SPIRITUAL SACRIFICES.

When we are told that sacrifices ended with Christ's, blood sacrifices did end.  Blood sacrifices are NOT what our God wants.
God wants us to sacrifice SELFISHNESS!

How do we do this?

Speaking from personal experience my own selfishness is a HUGE, GIGANTIC obstacle, a demon clinging to me that I can't seem to shed. Every time I turn around there it is shaming me.  So how we do this I'm not entirely sure. I need to study and pray more about this because as I submit this to Christ and ask Him to do for me what I cannot, I can ONLY HOPE this is what I need to do.  There is a song with lyrics that say 'rid me of myself' and this is my prayer, rid me of myself!

More tomorrow by the grace of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ our Righteousness now and forever! He is all we cannot be!


Amen.

No comments: