Friday, May 1, 2015

Jesus' sheep hear His voice and follow Him

It's amazing isn't it how we can take certain words and slang them over time and turn them into something God never intended. What I mean is being a sheep in God's word is a good thing, and the wolf a bad thing.

Mat_7:15  Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Mat_10:16  Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

Luk_10:3  Go your ways: behold, I send you forth as lambs among wolves.

Act_20:29  For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.

Luk_15:6  And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.

Joh_10:14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

Joh_10:26  But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
Joh_10:27  My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me

Today we have the current word "Sheeple"

Definition-
'People compared to sheep in being docile, foolish, or easily led.'

You hear a person called a sheeple and you're implying they will follow anyone anywhere as if that's a bad thing and in that connotation it is a bad thing. Being a sheep to Christ as our Shepherd is an amazingly wonderful thing! Following Christ wherever He calls us to go is desired! I want to be the Lord's sheep! I want to be known by Christ as one of His sheep.  I want to hear my Shepherd's voice and follow Him! 

I don't want to be a wolf in sheep's clothing.  I especially do NOT want to thing I'm a sheep when I'm really a wolf! I don't want to be consumed by self-deceit!

We can be deceived when we DESIRE that deceit in our hearts underneath all the outward stuff we project. If we want our hearts hardened, it will be hardened. We will NOT see if we do not want to see. We will NOT hear if we don't want to hear.  We will be blinded when we choose blindness. People act as if God is causing their blindness, and hard hearts, their deafness, but HE IS NOT. HE is only allowing what a person truly wants in their hearts which HE knows!

No one will be able to say God caused their downfall, not a single person. If we are not known by our Savior when He returns it will be because we did not truly desire Him to know us and we did not truly desire to know HIM.

If someone tells you what you need to do if you love them- and you don't do that, do you really love them?  Your first instinct might be to get all huffy and say if they love me they won't ask anything of me, they're in the wrong. And truly that is our selfish response isn't it? We want to be loved no matter what we say or do, no matter anything we want to be loved. We want to be loved in spite of our faults. It's not wrong to want to be loved in spite of our faults, we need our Savior to love us that way.  But we do NOT spit in the Savior's face by sinning willfully and telling Him He has to forgive us. He loves us, He died for us, something He didn't have to do! He will forgive us if we sin and truly repent of our sins.  If we love HIM we will do all we possibly can to submit to Him and allow Him to work in us enabling us to keep those commandments He died so we could keep.

Please FATHER please bless us, keep us, love us, know us!

In the name of our Savior Jesus Christ!


Amen! 

No comments: