Monday, September 14, 2015

Called by God and no other

Do we need mankind to ordain us to the role we are called to live?  Is it enough to be called by God and God alone through the grace of Jesus Christ?  Paul was NOT ordained by any human. This man who was a DEVOUT Jew, who followed the laws perfectly, who believed he was doing God's work, he did not get the approval of other Pharisees, other temple rulers, to go and preach Jesus's gospel message. He did have their approval to persecute Jesus' followers-

Act 9:1  And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,
Act 9:2  And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.

He asked for LETTERS to go to the Damascus synagogues. Those letters would give him the approval, the right to persecute any who were disciples of Jesus Christ.  He wanted to destroy this Jesus sect which would interfere with the life of the Jewish people, taking them from the truth as He perceived it to be.

Jesus CHOSE Paul! It was by a PERSONAL encounter with Jesus Christ that Paul was convinced that those followers of Jesus Christ that he wanted to persecute were really God's chosen! Paul had been WRONG, tragically wrong! Everything Paul thought was true was not true!  The Messiah he'd been longing for as his religion taught Him, had actually been born and his religion rejected HIM! His religion denied the Messiah, his religion crucified the Messiah!

Read the following all the way through, please--

Gal 1:1  Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead;)

(((Paul was called by JESUS CHRIST, not by any man. Paul was called by God the Father who raised Jesus Christ from the dead.))))

Gal 1:2  And all the brethren which are with me, unto the churches of Galatia:
Gal 1:3  Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ,
Gal 1:4  Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:
Gal 1:5  To whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

(((This is OUR prayer!))))

Gal 1:6  I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
Gal 1:7  Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

(((Those who were called to know the grace of Christ were quickly having their heads turned to another gospel- one that wasn't of Christ!  People were already perverting the truth!  As soon as there was a truth, then Satan raised up his followers to pervert that truth with their own gospel and tried to use that gospel as Jesus'.  Why do we even begin to imagine that all the various truths out there are all right in their own way, when there really is only ONE gospel, ONE truth? How do we know which one? We follow ONLY our Savior's truth in His word and none other. You say people interpret things differently so how do we know which is really truth? We study to show ourselves approved, we seek God daily, we search the scriptures, we never, ever stop being willing to be led of the Holy Spirit into all truth!))))

Gal 1:8  But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
Gal 1:9  As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

(((Cursed were those who believe any other gospel than the truth!))))


Gal 1:10  For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

(((If Paul were going to please men he would NOT be God's servant!  How true is this for us too? If we seek to please people we will NOT be pleasing GOD, what does this tell us? What? Seriously? If we want to be men-pleasers we will NOT be God's because mankind does NOT want the truth of God, they want things that are soothing to their ears. They don't want their conscience seared by truth. They want the feel good religion, they want partial truths that are easy to follow.  Some want to feel a bit of anxiety because it keeps them feeling good, some will chastise themselves, some will even physically hurt themselves - punishing themselves and they call this the truth, but honestly men do so many things that are NOT God's will that we can't begin to name them all. How do we know if we are following truth?  We know what God's word tells us, and if we are out of line with the word of God, if any are out of line with God's word they are not in the truth. We all have to be accountable for the truth we are called to know. I can't condemn anyone's eternal life, not a single person. They might not have all the truth now, but I can't know they won't come to the truth later, it's not in my power to ever know how God will work in others. I'm accountable for my walk with God, and following the truth He gives to me. I'm accountable for sharing the truth as God gives it to me, but not for making anyone believe anything, that isn't my role. The Holy Spirit convicts hearts,  not me and not you!))))

Gal 1:11  But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
Gal 1:12  For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.
Gal 1:13  For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it:
Gal 1:14  And profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers.
Gal 1:15  But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,
Gal 1:16  To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:
Gal 1:17  Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.

(((Paul did NOT conferred with flesh and blood when he was called! Paul followed God's will! Why are we so gung-ho for the approval of men? Why? Why do we want their input, their point of view. When God's truth is what we long to follow we do NOT need the approval of any other.))))

Gal 1:18  Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days.
Gal 1:19  But other of the apostles saw I none, save James the Lord's brother.
Gal 1:20  Now the things which I write unto you, behold, before God, I lie not.
Gal 1:21  Afterwards I came into the regions of Syria and Cilicia;
Gal 1:22  And was unknown by face unto the churches of Judaea which were in Christ:
Gal 1:23  But they had heard only, That he which persecuted us in times past now preacheth the faith which once he destroyed.
Gal 1:24  And they glorified God in me.

Truth.

Do I have all the answers? No. But God does. And God will give us all the answers we need. We must believe. By grace we will believe.

God is our hope, no other.

Please, Father, please be our hope and stay now and forever all through the grace and mercy of our Savior, Jesus Christ our Lord, now and forever and ever!

Please!

Amen.

No comments: