Thursday, December 12, 2019

My Coveted Comfort Zone.


Luk 12:15  And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.

Beware of covetousness.

The things we covet go beyond possessions, right? We can covet comfort, in particular we can covet a way of life, and that isn't necessarily a way of life that is rich in possessions.

Being asked to step outside of our comfort zones, to not covet our life to the detriment of others. To put aside our own desires in order to do for others this is what we are called to do. Doing for others isn't this more important than our own comfort?

I am so caught up in my own comfort- and not especially luxurious comfort, but comfort of a routine way of life. I don't like when things interfere with my normal routine but after fifty-six years of living I really should comprehend that NOTHING stays the same for long, not really.  There are constant changes in lives, constant interruptions to routines. We settle into our ways of life and changes that are gradual are acceptable. Changes that are masked as small alterations that turn permanent over time are so much more acceptable than sudden changes.  We can handle the subtle so much more than the shocking.

I want to help others, I want to be someone others can rely on. I don't want to be an angry, stress filled person taking out my stress on others who never deserve it simply because I'm stress when my comfort routine is altered.

Being able to accept interruptions, changes, alterations to my every day routine with grace, with love, with acceptance, without is causing me to lash out at others is the lesson I need to learn.

I covet my time as being my time to do as I please and plan- so much that it truly is a sin.

I shouldn't have a comfort zone- a coveted zone- a coveted comfort zone. 

Taking a saying from a show I watch- expect the unexpected- this should be my outlook, not expect the expected.

I should be prepared for the unexpected to the point that when it occurs I am able to be used by God for His plans, not mine. I try to pray every single morning for God to take me as wholly His, to use me in His plans, to lay ALL MY PLANS at HIS feet so that He can do as He needs to do with those plans. And then… then shamefully when He alters those plans, I rebel. Forgive me, God, forgive my hypocrisy. Teach me, lead me, open my eyes to my shortcomings so I can seek Your grace, Your teaching, Your leading.

Help me, Lord not to covet time as my own, for my own desires, my own comforts. Help me to live for You now and always, help me to learn all the lessons you have to teach me.

All through the Holy Spirit, all by YOUR mercy and grace. NOW and FOREVER.

No comments: