Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Does Your Tongue Spew Forth Poison?


Mat 12:34  O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh. 
Mat 12:35  A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things. 
Mat 12:36  But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 
Mat 12:37  For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

From the heart our mouths speak. Think about that for just a moment. How often do we say things we don't mean or wish we could take back? I don't know about you but it seems almost daily my mouth betrays me by spewing forth things that I wish I didn't feel, or think. What happens when we don't want to say stuff but say it anyway? What's occurring to make this happen? Our tongues are unbridled, untamed.

Jas 3:8  But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.

This tiny thing in our mouth is full of poison. Right there the words are spoken NO MAN CAN TAME THE TONGUE, it is UNRULY, EVIL, FULL OF DEADLY POISON!  Who then can tame it? Only the Holy Spirit, only Christ in us, only the Heavenly Father keeping us from evil- these three can tame our tongues.

Recognize the evil that the tongue can do with its poison is something I don't do enough. I despise the person I am when my mouth lets loose with hurtful, spiteful, selfish poison. I walk away after shooting out the poison darts and almost instantly I regret shooting them. But I can't take them back. I lament the selfishness in me, the thing in me that refuses to be a grateful servant to others. I despise the self-server I am when I think for some reason I should be left alone to do my own things and not be interrupted by others. Even in the middle of a great task I should still be willing to lay it down completely, willingly, even dare I say, happily- in order to serve another no matter what is being asked of me. Why? Because we live our lives so wrapped up in self, we forget completely that our lives are to be lived to serve God who revealed we are to serve others. There is nothing that should be so important to us that we fail to reveal the love of God to others through serving them without resentment. That's what we are doing… our actions are revealing the God we serve to others. Every word we speak is revealing our God to others.

These are the things we need to comprehend. These are the truths we need to put before us. These are the prayers we need to earnestly pray that we can reveal the love of God to others, that God can use us in His service.

The tongue is a great revelator. We can take measure of ourselves by its use.

What is your tongue telling you?

Does your tongue spew forth poison? Are your words revealing the lack of God's love in you?

We need to remember this-- Mat 12:37  For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

The treasure that is within us will be revealed through our words.

Lord, please, create a clean heart within me, renew a right spirit within me because I don't want my filthy heart and evil spirit to control me. I need You controlling me, I yield to Your control of my tongue, my heart, my spirit. Keep the poison from even being formed within me so that it doesn't exist to shoot out its evil darts daily from my lips, my tongue, my mind.

Please, Lord, keep the door of my lips!

All through Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior, now and forever, amen!!!!!!!

No comments: