Sunday, March 8, 2020

God's Great Love.

Hos 11:4 I drew them with cords of a man, with bands of love: and I was to them as they that take off the yoke on their jaws, and I laid meat unto them.
What a vivid picture of God's love towards us. Imagine- a yoke on your jaw. I know the picture that comes to my mind is one of an animal with a bit in its mouth or a leather muzzle on a dog, and unfortunately, I have to add another picture, that of a horror movie with a mad man muzzled, or a dentist with the contraption forcing a patient's mouth wide, or a person with a broken jaw having it wired shut. I have a vivid imagination at times and the pictures go on.
Reading - 'yoke on their jaws' and thinking of the above makes me only further comprehend the magnitude of God's love.
He says… "I was to them as they that TAKE OFF the yoke on their jaws". Freed from the awful thing keeping you from being able to eat, speak, drink, that is the picture being portrayed here. In the very next part of that passage was… "and I laid meat unto them." The overwhelming gratefulness that has to be experienced is probably something that unless you do experience it you can't fully comprehend. Those of us with vivid imaginations can do the imagining though.
Our God tells us this--
Hos 11:4 I drew them with cords of a man, with bands of love: and I was to them as they that take off the yoke on their jaws, and I laid meat unto them.
He draws us with the cords of a man, with BANDS OF LOVE.
God frees us and feeds us who are bound up and starving.
Jer 31:3 The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.
The LORD loves us with His everlasting love and draws us to Him with His lovingkindness!
We are so blessed!
Joh 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
Joh 6:45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.
We are drawn to God, by God. There is in us a spiritual self and God calls to us, to our spirit. There is in each of us a place that can only be filled by God and so many people try to fill it with other things to no avail. People refuse to be drawn to God, they reject God's drawing them and God will NOT force a single person to Him, not one!
We are drawn, not forced.
Eph 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
Eph 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
Eph 1:5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will
How glorious is this?! How wondrously amazing! Our Creator, our Heavenly Father with His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, blesses us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ. We are so blessed.
Eph 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
Eph 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
Rich in mercy- this is our GOD.
His GREAT LOVE - He loves us with His GREAT LOVE.
More on this tomorrow… by the will of our Great God, our Heavenly Father all through the loving mercy and grace of our Savior, our Lord, Jesus Christ, now and forever!!!!!!!

No comments: