Friday, March 20, 2020

Will I Choose God's Time?


God is holy.
Holy Time.
God in time.
Time set apart for holy use.
Time set apart for God.
Whether you acknowledge God in time, He is there- and He is there in this time for us. God made this time for us.  God did not make the holy time and add us to it as an afterthought. God made us and then made holy time for us. A gift of time, a blessing of time.

Recognizing time.

We all know what it means to recognize the importance of events in time. We have what we call milestones in life and we celebrate milestones. We celebrate these markers of time in our lives.  We celebrate the day of our birth each year. We celebrate traditions we've placed on a set date in time, we make that particular day worthy of celebration. We have anniversaries of various happenings in our lives and choose to recognize these times. We do comprehend the importance of time. We note the passage of years placing more and more importance upon the length of the years we live. We mourn those who no longer have time and will never celebrate time with us. We are not ignorant to time set apart for particular use- we all do it for our various beliefs. You may only have a single day you set aside not considering any other in the year important. That doesn't mean you don't comprehend others choosing to set aside several days in a year for their important activities. You may get caught up in a whole country's idea of important days and mail service, trash service, banking services, government offices all these may set these days aside whether you are a part of them or not. Just because you choose not to celebrate the Christmas holiday doesn’t mean a country that chooses to celebrate this tradition will bend to your choice. You will live on that day unable to do things you normally might because the time of the celebration is taking place. Just because you are existing in the time of this celebration doesn't mean you are a part of that celebration. You would need to choose to take part in the celebration in order to be involved.

God set aside time, making that time holy and He did this for us out of the great love He has for us. We need to choose to celebrate this time because in doing so we are celebrating God's love. God set aside weekly time, that's how much He loves us!

How important is time? We often say we have too little time, or too much time. We've heard it said, or even have said it ourselves that we don't have time to do this, that or the other thing. We've wished we had more time. We wish others would spend time with us- this indicates a caring, doesn't it? And if others can't spend time with us- if they even say they want to spend time with us but circumstance prevent it, that helps too. To hear I don't want to spend time with you indicates a lack of interest, and a lack of interest indicates a dislike of being with you. A dislike of being with something when you are supposed to love that something, indicates dysfunction. And we all have a lot of dysfunctions in our lives. As an introvert, I know I can love someone and not want to be with them, physically. I do want to be with them in a relationship of mutual caring and love, knowing there are good thoughts being shared, knowing that person exists who cares for my well-being. I have family that live thousands of miles away from me and I love them though I can't be with them. I have family that lives less than a mile away from me and because of my own introverted nature I love them even though I choose not to be with them often. I know they are there, I know they love me and they have only good thoughts for me.

Time.

Will I choose to keep the time God has set aside for me as holy time? I will if I truly desire God in my life. He is closer to us in that holy time than at any other time. If I love God and He has carved out a period of time- twenty-four hours from every one-hundred sixty-eight hours- to meet with me spiritually I would be a fool to ignore that very special time that is holy, and made so for me! While my life might be a mess of chaotic thoughts and feelings, as I fight the demons of disaster threatening to destroy me on many, many levels, I know there is a special time set aside for me to recognize my Creator, my Redeemer, to let go of my self-pursuits and self-focus and strive to focus on all things GOD.

Gen 2:1  Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. 
Gen 2:2  And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. 
Gen 2:3  And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made. 

Exo_16:30  So the people rested on the seventh day.

Exo_20:10  But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
Exo_20:11  For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Exo_23:12  Six days thou shalt do thy work, and on the seventh day thou shalt rest

Exo_31:15  Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD

Exo 31:17  … for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.

Exo_34:21  Six days thou shalt work, but on the seventh day thou shalt rest

Exo_35:2  Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the LORD

Lev_23:3  Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the sabbath of the LORD in all your dwellings.

Deu_5:14  But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, nor thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thine ox, nor thine ass, nor any of thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates; that thy manservant and thy maidservant may rest as well as thou.

Heb_4:4  For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.



No comments: