Sunday, June 19, 2022

Do Not Worry- My Husband's Sentiment As Well As My Savior's.

 Tomorrow. For some tomorrow never exists. Eventually for us, tomorrow won't exist. We must live our lives as if tomorrow does exist for us, to do otherwise would mean what? 


My husband who passed away two weeks ago today had plans that included a tomorrow, but those plans died with him. They were good plans, plans for a favorite dessert to be had, plans for a return to the scroll saw work he loved to do, plans to have his daughter make him a lamb dinner, plans for his son to help him figure out getting a wheelchair ramp for our car, plans for an upcoming visit with his sister, Judy, brother in law, Tom and their friend. These things he planned for weren't things of worry and distress, they were things he desired to take place. My husband didn't live worrying about his tomorrows, not for the most part. If anything, my husband was more worried about my tomorrows than his own.  


Jerry taught me that I shouldn't worry, but my nature is one of worry- a fault of mine that I constantly need to seek my Savior for, needing forgiveness because my Savior doesn't want me to worry either. Worry doesn't change anything, my husband said this and my Savior, Jesus says the same thing. 


I can look to the memory of my husband and what seemed to me to be an unnatural ability not to worry, and holdfast to that. I can look to my Savior and know that no matter what comes as my future alters- with the possibility of even losing my entire current way of life- home, possessions, the nearness of current family members, the garden I've planted again and again for several years, the trees I've watched grow from seedlings to over 15ft tall, the cuttings of trees given me by a hospice nurse before my mother passed, trees Jerry wanted planted- waiting to enjoy their fruits. So much might be altered, so much might be changed in my life, the future wants to fill me with fear and foreboding- but my Savior wants me hope, my future to be Him. Should I lose all things- home and garden, friends and family being close, possessions once owned by great grandparents, grandparents, parents and yes, my husband- I will still have the greatest treasure of all, Jesus and salvation in Him. We are told to put our treasures in heaven…


Mat 6:20  But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: 

Mat 6:21  For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also


Laying my treasures in heaven… where life changing, my husband passing, cannot take a single thing I've place there with my Savior, this is what I must do through the grace of God, by faith in my Savior and not in myself.


Treasures in heaven. Will I mourn the loss of my earthly treasures, I imagine so, but by the grace of God I will take all my solace in my heavenly treasures- my Savior and eternal life with Him one day, those future joys no one, and nothing can take from me. 


God's will be done.


I will live as if tomorrow exists, I will make plans just as my husband did, just as we all do. I will live trusting in my Savior, He alone knows what my future holds. May I, through the Holy Spirit, learn not to worry, but to trust, to have faith in my God.


Jesus said--


Mat 6:34  Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof. 


Mat 6:11  Give us this day our daily bread. 


Mat 6:25  Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? 


Lam 3:22  It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. 

Lam 3:23  They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. 


Heb 13:5  Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. 

Heb 13:6  So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.


Joh 14:27  Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid


Joh 16:33  These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. 


Act 14:22  Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God. 


1Th 3:3  That no man should be moved by these afflictions: for yourselves know that we are appointed thereunto. 

1Th 3:4  For verily, when we were with you, we told you before that we should suffer tribulation; even as it came to pass, and ye know. 


Mat_28:20  Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.


No comments: