Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Angel Wings and Rainbows.

 A blessed day today, complete with not one but three rainbows! I stepped outside this morning to get some milkweed cuttings for the caterpillars and what a wondrous cloud filled sky there was. There were three feather angel wing clouds and so many others. In another cloud was a very small barely there, presence of a rainbow. I went inside and grabbed up my camera, these clouds, that rainbow, were too beautiful to let pass without pictures! When I returned with the camera the rainbow was even brighter than it had been! The whole sky brought me a sense of peace and expectation for the Lord. Then later as I was going to a store to pick up a couple of things, there was another gorgeous rainbow. The thing is, there was no rain in sight either time. Then that third rainbow I saw when I was driving home from my sister's house was settled between two white clouds with just a light gray haze, but still no real rain at all. As I continued the 15 minute ride home, the rainbow only became brighter and brighter. Such a glorious sight! God's promises are in those rainbows each and every one a reminder of God giving and God keeping His promises! One promise in particular came to mind -


Joh 14:1  Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 

Joh 14:2  In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 

Joh 14:3  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. 

Joh 14:4  And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know. 


Jesus will come again and receive us unto Him, and we will join Him in heaven! My Jesus is returning! Oh, I know, since He died 1,991 years ago people have been saying the same thing. There are plenty who would be happy to throw it in the faces of believers that generation after generation believe Jesus is going to return in their lifetime but it hasn't happened, and won't happen.  IT WILL HAPPEN. Jesus is going to return, it's a PROMISE of GOD! And every time I see a rainbow in the sky I am reminded of all the promises God has made and all those He has kept and all those He has yet to keep! They will come to pass-- those He has yet to keep, they are promises! 


2Pe_3:9  The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.


2Pe_3:13  Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.


1Jn_2:25  And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.



No comments: