Friday, July 29, 2022

I Don't Trust Myself, I Trust Jesus!

 Psa 71:1  In thee, O LORD, do I put my TRUST: let me never be put to confusion.

Where do you put your trust? Do you put it in yourself? Can you really trust yourself to do all the things you know are right to do? Or are you constantly finding yourself being disappointed in yourself? Or are you never disappointed in a single thing you do, or have done, I'd like to be able to say that's a great thing, but I really think it's most likely a bit delusional. 

If we can't trust even ourselves when we are really supposed to be our biggest supporters, then who can we trust? We try to trust each, don't we? We put a great store in trying to trust others. Others put their trust in us and time and again we disappoint them, don't we? We don't mean to. We don't want to be horrible people who are untrustworthy. 

You might be reading this and saying that you are trustworthy, you don't disappoint people, and that's wonderful! However, I'm not talking specifically about HUGE things. 

How often do we disappoint in tiny things? Again, we don't mean to disappoint, not even in tiny things. A misplaced word, a spoken thought that should have never reached our lips, you know those tiny things. And how many times have we disappointed someone without even realizing it? 

Trust. I've broken the trust of people who I cared greatly about, and regret doing so. It's one of those situations where you wish you could turn back time and undo everything. Okay, I've had more than one of those situations in my life. I'm not sure where you stand on this, I hope you do not have any of those situations, and never do. I keep having to remember these verses-

Php 3:13  Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, 

Php 3:14  I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

I need to forget the things that are behind… the past is in the past and it can consume you if you let it. Recent past, past forty years ago, past 55 years ago it doesn't matter. All the broken trusts, all the guilt from the disappointment they caused, all these are unchangeable but they are forgivable. 

Where do we put our trust? It can’t be in ourselves our track records speak for themselves on that account. We can't put it in others, they are just like us. We disappoint, they disappoint, we are all a part of the same sinful human race. 

If we put our trust in our Savior He will forgive us of all those past horrible moments in our lives that Satan wants to use against us forever. If we put our trust in our Savior He will be our constant strength, present, and future! Our Savior alone has the power to do for us what we cannot do as sinners. We must press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus!  Press towards the mark! The prize of the HIGH CALLING OF GOD IN CHRIST JESUS! In thee O LORD, do I put my trust: let me never be put to confusion!  

Where do we put our trust? IN JESUS CHRIST!

Psa 71:1  In thee, O LORD, do I put my TRUST: let me never be put to confusion. 

Psa 22:5  They cried unto thee, and were delivered: they TRUSTED in thee, and were not confounded. 

Psa 25:2  O my God, I TRUST in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me. Psa 25:3  Yea, let none that wait on thee be ashamed: let them be ashamed which transgress without cause. 

Psa 31:1  To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. In thee, O LORD, do I put my TRUST; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness. 

Psa 125:1  A Song of degrees. They that TRUST in the LORD shall be as mount Zion, which cannot be removed, but abideth for ever.

Psa 146:5  Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose HOPE is in the LORD his God

1Ch 5:20  And they were helped against them, and the Hagarites were delivered into their hand, and all that were with them: for they cried to God in the battle, and he was intreated of them; because they put their TRUST in him. 

Rom 9:33  As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever BELIEVETH on him shall not be ashamed. 

1Pe 2:6  Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that BELIEVETH on him shall not be confounded. 

Isa 45:17  But Israel shall be saved in the LORD with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end

Jer 17:18  Let them be confounded that persecute me, but let not me be confounded: let them be dismayed, but let not me be dismayed: bring upon them the day of evil, and destroy them with double destruction. 

No comments: