Sunday, July 17, 2022

Peace In Spite of the Storms.

 Joh 20:21  Then said Jesus to them again, PEACE be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you. 


Joh_14:27  PEACE I leave with you, my PEACE I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.


Jesus said- 'My peace I give unto you.' Jesus gives us His peace. What is the peace of Jesus? Surely it isn't an ordinary peace. Do I have peace to give to anyone. If I said, my peace be with you, what am I giving you? You'd look at me and have to wonder what my peace is, what am I giving to you? What makes my peace special? And is it even possible for me to even give you something like peace which isn't anything tangible at all whatsoever. Peace is defined as being -


1.freedom from disturbance; tranquility.

2.a state or period in which there is no war or a war has ended.


Can I give you my freedom from being disturbed? Can I give you my tranquility? When a person (especially in the 60/70's) greeted someone with the phrase- "Peace." What were they indicating by such a gesture? They were generally meaning that there is a desire for nothing upsetting, a calmness in the exchange, they were wishing someone wellbeing. They couldn't give their peace to someone else, but they could indicate it was something they wanted- peace between them. Jesus has a peace to give, and it's a peace the world doesn't offer to anyone. Jesus knew that the world He came to live in, and did so for thirty-three years, was one of contention, filled with angst, anger, warring, conflicts on every side. Jesus knew that every human being had to deal with sin's resulting peace destroying attributes. On every hand there are peace destroyers. In our everyday lives we are confronted with the destruction of peace. Have you heard someone say (or say yourself) "I'd just like a moment of peace, just one moment."? How is it that our lives can be so disturbing we long for the peaceful moments because they seem elusive. Truly, every day we can be faced with upsets- tiny ones to huge ones. Jesus knew all this and witnessed it in His time upon earth firsthand. 


Jesus could leave us with His peace, how? It's a peace that passes understanding so why am I even talking about it as if I could understand? I'm talking about it because Jesus would not have mentioned if it weren't something to be studied, something to be thought about, something to desire. 


Joh_14:27  PEACE I leave with you, my PEACE I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.


Let not your heart be troubled. Oh, how our hearts can be troubled! Neither let it be afraid. Oh, how our hearts can be filled with fear.  Jesus doesn't want us to be troubled and fearful, but Satan does. Satan would have us constantly filled with fear and trouble. 


Are there things that are legitimately meant to be fearful? Yes! There are a lot of things that cause fearful reactions in us. I know if a stranger burst into my house intent upon harming me I'm going to be filled with fear. I know if I go to the doctor and they tell me they suspect something is wrong with me, I'm going to be filled with fear. I know if one of my children is struggling, I will fear for them. We know these are normal, everyday expected reactions to have. Yet, fear can be debilitating in many ways and this is what our Savior does NOT want us to have in our lives. Fear that blocks out hope. Fear can be destroying, it destroys peace! 


When people face situations that seem hopeless, and they do face them all the time. When life seems to be one awful blow after another hopelessness strives for preeminence with us. Satan wants us to despair completely of ever having hope. Jesus wants us to be filled with hope!


Peace. Jesus' peace is not the world's peace at all. Jesus' peace isn't found in absence of life's constant stream of struggles, one after the other. Jesus' peace is found in spite of the presence of all struggles. Jesus has a peace that He can give to us through the knowledge of the hope we find in the salvation He alone can offer us. No other can give us eternal salvation, no other. Some people offer a form of temporary salvation to others when they are in dire circumstances, but only Jesus can give us a permanent salvation. Jesus gives us a salvation promise for the future, not for peace and safety here upon earth. Jesus offers a peace found only in the eternal hope of Him, and the undeserved gift of life everlasting with Him. Jesus has given us the amazing hope that defies all despair, allowing us to find peace in HIM now. 


If we live for a struggle free life, if our focus is on an eventual life void of peace destroying attacks here and now during our life, we are going to be awfully disappointed time and time again. We have to live for peace within the storm, peace in spite of the storms, peace of knowledge we can cling to by FAITH, filling us with the HOPE of our SALVATION from this sin filled world. 


I do NOT know what new peace destroying attacks are coming my way. I do know that my life is filled with peace destroying situations right now. In spite of these situations I am going to cling to the PEACE only my Savior can give to me, His peace. 


I know this world will NOT offer me peace, it can't, it can only offer a pretended peace, temporary peace, it has no more to offer. Jesus offers me eternal peace.


Joh_14:27  PEACE I leave with you, my PEACE I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.


Jesus tells me- don't let your heart be troubled, don't be afraid- you have my peace, a peace this world and all its awfulness cannot touch.  


All by His amazing love and grace, through His forgiveness, I will cling to the hope I find in Him, claiming His peace! In His name! Thank you, my Savior, thank you Jesus Christ my Lord now and forever! Amen!!!!!!!


Peace verses- 


Joh 16:33  These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. 


Joh 20:19  Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you. 


Joh 20:21  Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you


Joh 20:26  And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you. 


Num 6:26  The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace. 


Psa 29:11  The LORD will give strength unto his people; the LORD will bless his people with peace. 


Psa 85:10  Mercy and truth are met together; righteousness and peace have kissed each other.


Isa 9:6  For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.


Isa 32:15  Until the spirit be poured upon us from on high, and the wilderness be a fruitful field, and the fruitful field be counted for a forest. 

Isa 32:16  Then judgment shall dwell in the wilderness, and righteousness remain in the fruitful field. 

Isa 32:17  And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever. 


Zec 6:13  Even he shall build the temple of the LORD; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne: and the counsel of peace shall be between them both.


Luk 1:79  To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace. 


Luk 2:14  Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men. 


Luk 10:5  And into whatsoever house ye enter, first say, Peace be to this house. 


Act 10:36  The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all:) 


Rom 1:7  To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ. 


Rom 5:1  Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: 


Rom 8:6  For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 


Rom 15:13  Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost. 


Gal 5:22  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 


Php 4:7  And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. 


Col 1:20  And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven. 


Col 3:14  And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness. 

Col 3:15  And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful. 


2Th 1:2  Grace unto you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. 


2Th 3:16  Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means. The Lord be with you all. 


Heb 13:20  Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, 

Heb 13:21  Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.


Rev 1:4  John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne


No comments: