Sunday, July 31, 2022

Our Fortress.

 Psa 71:2-6 Deliver me in thy righteousness, and cause me to escape: incline thine ear unto me, and save me.  Be thou my strong habitation, whereunto I may continually resort: thou hast given commandment to save me; for thou art my rock and my fortress.  Deliver me, O my God, out of the hand of the wicked, out of the hand of the unrighteous and cruel man. For thou art my hope, O Lord GOD: thou art my trust from my youth. By thee have I been holden up from the womb: thou art he that took me out of my mother's bowels: my praise shall be continually of thee. 


We are delivered not by our righteousness, but God's righteousness. We escape through our Lord's righteousness. Our God will save us, He will hear us as we call out to Him for help. He is our strong habitation where we have to continually go.


David sang the words…be thou my strong habitation, whereunto I may continually resort.  


God wasn't some text on a screen, words on papers, but a reality to David in such a way that He could CONTINUALLY resort to God as being his STRONG habitation, David considered God to be his ROCK and his FORTRESS! 


Was David delusional?  No.

God as a reality to David made him believe that God was his protector. David could constantly, continually, over and over resort to God, his protector. David knew God had given a commandment to save him! David sang- Deliver me O my God, out of the hand of the wicked, out of the hand of the unrighteous and cruel man.   


We too need this kind of relationship with God. This relationship is revealed to us for our edification, for an example to us. We have wicked and unrighteous and cruel people all around us everywhere. No, most of us do not have these sorts seeking us physically ready to kill us, to harm us, but some people around our world right now do have people wanting to harm them and even kill them simply because they belong to God. Like David we must cry out to be delivered.


'For thou art my hope, O Lord GOD: thou art my trust from my youth. By thee have I been holden up from the womb: thou art he that took me out of my mother's bowels: my praise shall be continually of thee.'  


God is our HOPE. God is our TRUST.  David trusted God from His youth. 


By God we are kept alive even in our mothers as we are growing, and while we are being born! All praise to God always, constantly!


Oh, to be able to sing with David our love of God, our assurance of God, our wonder and awe of God. The truth beyond doubt, the knowing of God as our all in all! 


Is God your strong fortress, your rock, your place of refuge? What makes God this impenetrable place of safety, when in truth our flesh is so frail and constantly subject to degradation as we age? We are vulnerable beings living in a world of chaos. There is no rhyme nor reason to who gets what disease, deformity, injury, hardship of any sort. The richest person can be taken down instantly in an accident, their money unable to save them. The poorest person could have disease heaped upon them on top of their monetary deprivation. There is no fairness in our chaotic world, yet God can be our hope, our refuge because He offers us the HOPE beyond all of this!  Beyond each of our heartaches, our setbacks, our pains, and agonies of living God has given to us, the hope of our Savior, who is the hope of our Salvation from all enemies, all of them in whatever form they take. 


God be with us always, all through Jesus Christ our LORD now and forever!!!!!! Amen!


No comments: